Your diet is a bank account. Good food choices are good investments.Bethenny Frankel
I’ve had this banana bread recipe since I was in my early 20’s. A co-worker of mine brought some in one day, and I was hooked. Over the years, it’s been a family favorite, and many of my friends use the same recipe in their homes.
Straightforward and simple, the recipe produces a bread loaf that is extremely moist and flavorful. Here are some hints as you prepare:
- Do NOT double the recipe.
- Nuts are optional.
- Use very ripe bananas for the most intense flavor.
I dare you not to eat more than one slice when it comes straight out of the oven!
Best Ever Banana Bread
- 9×5 inch loaf pan
- 2 bananas very ripe, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cup unsifted all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup walnuts chopped, optional
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Butter and flour inside of loaf pan. (Also fits into 3 mini loaf pans wonderfully.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix by hand or in stand mixer.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and place in oven.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes, depending upon oven and size of loaf pan. (If baking as muffins, cooking time is approximately 20 minutes.)
- Do not double the recipe. (I’m not sure why, but I inherited the recipe with this helpful hint, and as they say — why ruin a good thing?!)
- Use very ripe bananas.
- Can be made in one large 9″x5″ loaf pan, 3 smaller mini loaf pans or even as muffins.