Your diet is a bank account. Good food choices are good investments.Bethenny Frankel
I’ve had this banana bread recipe since I was in my early 20’s. A co-worker of mine brought some in one day, and I was hooked. Over the years, it’s been a family favorite, and many of my friends use the same recipe in their homes.
Straightforward and simple, the recipe produces a bread loaf that is extremely moist and flavorful. Here are some hints as you prepare:
- Do NOT double the recipe.
- Nuts are optional.
- Use very ripe bananas for the most intense flavor.
I dare you not to eat more than one slice when it comes straight out of the oven!
Best Ever Banana Bread
The bestest ever banana bread you'll have. Moist and flavorful, try and resist the urge not to dive in while it's still warm from the oven. The perfect treat for your family and neighbors, it will surely be a recipe handed down for the next generation.
- 9×5 inch loaf pan
- 2 bananas very ripe, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cup unsifted all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup walnuts chopped, optional
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Butter and flour inside of loaf pan. (Also fits into 3 mini loaf pans wonderfully.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix by hand or in stand mixer.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and place in oven.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes, depending upon oven and size of loaf pan. (If baking as muffins, cooking time is approximately 20 minutes.)
Some friendly reminders:
- Do not double the recipe. (I’m not sure why, but I inherited the recipe with this helpful hint, and as they say — why ruin a good thing?!)
- Use very ripe bananas.
- Can be made in one large 9″x5″ loaf pan, 3 smaller mini loaf pans or even as muffins.