There will be parties for hosting, marshmallows for toasting, and caroling out in the snow.”It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
It may be the most wonderful time of the year, but that certainly doesn’t mean it’s the most relaxing! The holidays require so much readiness and running around, there’s never enough time to curate the perfect soundtrack and samplings for every activity on the spot. Good thing I’ve done it for you! *wink*
Below you’ll find all my favorite traditional tunes and treats for the Christmas holidays. Get ready to make some new merry memories, meals, and mixtures for your most mirthful Christmas yet!
Playlist & Pairings for Cooking Up Christmas Eve Dinner!
Whether it’s a table set for 2 or 20, Christmas Eve dinner is always a meal to remember. Take some planning off your plate with these perfectly paired tipples and treats. Snack on them as you cook or incorporate them into the feast itself!
Just don’t forget the most important ingreident in any meal prep is the music. Infuse your food with the flavors of joy by firing up these festive songs while your Christmas Eve dinner sizzles away.
- Merry Mai Tai’s & Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Poinsettias & Pomegranate & Goat Cheese Crostinis
- Christmas Gin Cocktials & Spicy-n-Sweet Snack Mix
- Joy to the World by Mariah Carey
- Winter Wonderland by Bing Crosby
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by Donny Osmond
Playlist & Pairings for Boozy Gift Swaps with the Girls!
One of my all-time favorite holiday traditions is a good old fashioned gift swap! Save all the stress of picking the perfect present for that one person who always seem to have everything for Christmas morning with your relatives. When it comes to getting together with your greatest gal-pals, the rules are simple: as long as there are crafty snacks, songs, and cocktails, there will be cheer! Your gag-gift will just be the cherry on top of an already merry night.
Festive Finger-Foods & Formulas:
- Butterscotch Eggnogs & Holiday Apps Board
- Cranberry Mimosas & Butternut Squash Hummus
- Yuletide Moons & Lemon-Garlic Marinated Shrimp
Playlist & Pairings for Wrapping Presents!
Some folks love it, and others forego it altogether. Wrapping gifts is definitely one of the less jubilant Christmas jobs (although I cherish the quiet moments of tying the perfect bow with the color-coordinated paper). If I know anything, it’s that time defintely flies by much faster when you add food, feel-good music, and a strong drink (or 3) to the equation! Treat yo’self while you toil; they don’t call it Santa’s workshop for nothing.
Elfish Hors d’Oeuvres & Elixirs
- Winter Wonderland & Cranberry Chutney & Brie Crostini
- Hot Buttered Rum & Skillet Dip Snowman
- Holiday Sidecars & Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
- You Make It Feel Like Christmas by Gwen Stefani & Blake Shelton
- Underneath the Tree by Kelly Clarkson
- You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch by Pentatonix
Playlist & Pairings from Classic Christmas Movies
I love learning about how others celebrate the holidays through what their favorite Christmas movies are. So many familial traditions and treasured memories began with warm nights by the fire and a classic piece of seasonal cinema playing in the background. For my family, the holidays don’t officially begin or end until we’ve watched Love Actually, Home Alone, and A Christmas Story at least 25 times . . . each! Not only do I have every line of dialogue committed to memory (whether I like it or not), but over the years I have memorized the meals that each movie portrays. This year, I’m incorporating facets of each into these tunes and treats for the Christmas Holidays and Christmas Day feast!
Get your stomach in the spirit of the season with:
- Mistletoe Kisses & Banoffee Pie (Love Actually)
- Haleakala Holidays & Filthy Animal Pizza (Home Alone)
- White Christmas Dreams & Chinese Roast Chicken (A Christmas Story)