Today, me will live in the moment. Unless it’s unpleasant, in which case, me will eat a cookie.Cookie Monster
Aaaah, the smell of freshly baked cookies. Is there anything more warm and delightful after a tough day at virtual school or a crazy day hovered over the laptop than a plate of delicious cookies?
There are so many types of cookies, from classic chocolate chip to the exotic. However, this chocolate chip cookie is not your usual. It’s made with bittersweet chocolate chips, and a touch of honey. Yes, honey, I’ve added honey for the best ever chocolate chip cookie.
Most traditional chocolate chip cookie recipes call for brown sugar. Using honey instead takes the sweetness factor to another level. I’ve been making this recipe for over ten years now, and it never disappoints. All those who have tried it agree that it’s a home run in the cookie department.
It’s a straight-forward recipe with no odd ingredients. And fresh from the oven, you’ll see that these chocolate chip cookies are yummy, delicious, and crispy and chewy, all at the same time. It’s an easy recipe to whip up spontaneously for the family since you likely have the ingredients on hand.
The one trick about this cookie is to not overbake them. Each baking sheet will cook for approximately 10 minutes (more or less depending upon your oven). I turn them around after 5 minutes because it feel this method yields a more evenly baked cookie.
Straight out of the oven these are over-the-top crazy, ridiculously-thrilling to taste. And that’s a lot to ask for a cookie! The texture balances most and chewy with a bit of crispness that creates chocolate chip cookie perfection. You’re on a different playing field with this one.
If you’re going to indulge in eating a cookie or two, or five, make ’em count. You can eat them fast and furious like Cookie Monster, or savor each delectable bite. Grab a glass of milk, and enjoy these Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Kitchen Aid Mixer
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Ice Cream/Melon Scoop
- 2-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened (equals two sticks)
- 1-1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, honey, eggs, and vanilla. Gradually add the dry ingredients until a dough forms. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- With a small ice cream scooper, drop portions of dough onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8-10 minutes, rotating the cookies after 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.